Hard Rock Café is one of those places that makes eating out as pleasurable for parents as it is for the kids. There is a variety of menu items for both, not to mention the really fun, rock ’n’ roll memorabilia atmosphere that lends itself to lots of musical education for the kids (“Son, let me tell you about a group called the Rolling Stones.”) We love that the large kids’ menu includes favorites like burgers and pasta but also chicken and broccoli and even salad. Now, for the month of June, there’s even more for parents to enjoy.
Hard Rock is showing off just how seriously they take the individuality of each city in which they settle. At each location, around the world, the Hard Rock chefs are given the freedom to create a Legendary Burger, unique to that city that captures of the local flavors the place, available only at that location. Unless you traveled the world, going from one Hard Rock Cafe to another (someone might do that!), you wouldn’t have the opportunity to test out the special burgers – until now.
- Rocky Burger– Denver’s local Legendary, created by Denver Nuggets’ mascot Rocky, features two four-ounce burger patties, two slices of pepper jack cheese, a fried egg, two strips of bacon and buttermilk fried onion strings.
- Java Lava Burger– this American Legendary from Seattle features a Certified Angus Beef patty grilled, dressed in a house-made espresso rub and topped with lava sauce, crunchy java onions, bacon, melted Tillamook Cheddar cheese and garnished with a fried jalapeño.
- Schnitzel Burger– this German Legendary features two stacks of tender pork schnitzel lightly breaded and made crispy to order, topped with crunchy sauerkraut, spicy brown mustard and savory bacon.
- Banh Mi Burger– this Vietnamese Legendary features a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with house-made Vietnamese glaze, pickled vegetables and cucumbers accompanied by a garnish of cilantro and green onions.
- Date Burger– this United Arab Emirates Legendary features a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with rich date chutney, diced fresh dates and a dollop of cream cheese.
The interesting thing among our taste-testers, was that each of us loved a different one, as opposed to one or two getting all the raves. That means, in our unofficial sampling, that there’s a burger for everyone’s tastes – but only through the end of June.